Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My first TAG!!!

Aaaawwww I'm SO excited!!! My first EVER TAG!!!
Thank You to the lovely Lisa Marie at http://lisamarie337.blogspot.com for tagging me :-)

Anyone feel free to do this and leave a link in the comments box so I can read it

* What's your Favorite Makeup Look?
I don't have just one. I love a simple mascara, neat liner and highlight as much as I love a bold colourful look or a classy smokey.

* What part of your Body do you Love?
That's very hard to answer... I guess my hair must be the part I like the most. I also really like my fore legs because they are very athletic from all the years of sports I've been doing. I REALLY like my bum as well, it's perky and round without being too big.
Until recently I used to REALLY love my boobs, it used to be my fave part, but then because of stress and anxiety I have lost quite a bit of weight very quickly and unfortunately the chest went south a bit.

* Who is your beauty Icon?
I have to be honest with my skin and natural hair I have always found it hard to find a beauty icon to "copy". Having said that there are a few women I REALLY like admire. First of the amazingly gorgeous Marilyn Monroe, stunning! Then I would go for Mariah Carey, Beyonce, Pamela Anderson and Bridget Marquardt.

* What Beauty Product makes you Feel instantly Good?
I have a few:
Palmers body butter because it leaves my skin super soft and it makes me wanna take a bite out of myself, it smells so nice.
Mascara & brow liner: because they instantly give colour to my otherwise "dead" hued white lashes and brows and even if I don't put on any other make up, I still look very well put together.
Face coloured powder: I rarely use foundation for a variety of reasons, and powder is the subsitute. I love how it instantly hides all the veins around my eyes and on my lids.
Lip balms: I have VERY dry lips and I have the very, VERY bad habit of constantly toying and playing with my lips, Plus I hate the feeling os "stuff" on my lips. Anything other than a balm or a lip gloss would just be a waste of time and money.

* How do you look after your skin?
I guess the answer has to be split in 2 parts: body and face.
Face wise. Until three years ago I used to absolutely DESPISE my face skin. I used to have the most horrible cistic acne that no cream or drug would clear. Then after years of doctors trying to talk me into it but my mother saying no, I finally decided to do some tests: turns out I had the most horrendous hormone inbalance which was causing the horrible acne. Well I was put on the strongest contraceptive pill on the market and ever since I probably get one break out a month. Now I ALWAYS get complimented on how perfect my skin looks and that I really don't need any make up. I scrub my face, like the rest of my body, about twice a week with Garnier Body Tonic Sugar scrub, or with a gentle shower gel mixed with sugar. Sometimes I will even do a concuxion of sugar and olive oil for my face. I have recently started to use scrubbing gloves as well.
I don't use any cream at night because my face needs to "breathe" at night. During the day if I know I'm going to be mostly indoors I use Vichy Aqualia, otherwise a face cream with SPF. I have very recently started using Garnier Ultra Lift anti wrinkles roll on and it's the most amazing product EVER!!!! Fantastic results after ONE day.
As for my body as I said I exfoliate twice a week and then use a body butter, I have been using Palmers with SPF.
When I was 18 I had skin cancer, it was the hardest time of my life and something I would never ever want to deal with again, which is why now I take extremely good care of my skin and try to protect is as much as I can.

* What is your Signature Scent?
Here is the thing. I find most scents SO overly priced it's ridiculous! And there's way too much choice out there. So what I do is I let other people buy me scents as presents. It's a lot easier for me! For the past year or so I have been using JEan Paul Gaultier 2 a lot.
I am addicted to anything that smells of vanilla or caramel/cinnamon. (candles, soaps etc)

* What's your hair care secrets?
I wash my hair once every 4 or 5 days(and no, it doesn't stink nor looks manky) just so not to ruin it. I use a protective product before drying and styling my hair, and I just don't use too many products that may attack/damage it. Shampoo, conditioner, heat protecting spray and then if I'm after a particular style, a bit of hair spray or wax.

* How do you pamper yourself?
I can't really afford to pamper myself much, really. Other than routine skin/hair care, I do my nails myself about once a week.
Sadly, that's all.

* Finally How do you have a Beauty Philosophy??
This question is really open to so many different answers. I think beauty is everywhere around us and each and everyone of us feels it differently.

2 comments:

  1. Great answers Hun!!! I haven't used Palmers in so long!! IDK why!! I should though!! LOL Oh and Beyonce!! Great Icon I should have used that one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find Palmers is faaaaantastic after shaving/removing hair, no burning, no nothing !

    ReplyDelete