Sunday, October 17, 2010

It's HOT !


VO5 Heat Protect Styling Spray
VS
TRESemme Heat Tamer Protective Spray

I don't personally use a huge amount of hair products, I don't need to. But one basic essential I ALWAYS use is a heat protector. Plus these products are ace at controlling frizz and living in Ireland and in a house mostly with carpeted floorss, my hair would be an unruly big voluminous bush without any kind of tamer.
Only since moving I have been using it because for some unknown to me reason, they aren't sold in Italy. I recently purchased the above products to send home to my hairdresser as she was interested in trying them.
I always used VO5 up until now but I thought just out of interest I'd try the TRESemme once and here's my verdict.

When spraied on the hair they pretty much both have the same scent, although VO5 is slightly stronger. Whilst drying my hair it was very hard to constantly run my fingers through it with TRESemme, and a lot of hair came out because of the stroking, where as it was completely fine with VO5.
Also with the hair drier blowing on the hair, I could smell Vo5 a lot more.
Immediately after I was done and even 1 day after, TRESemme did calm frizziness and statics a lot more than Vo5 and hair is softer. However I can smell Vo5 on my hair even after 2 or 3 days of washing it where as I couldn't smell TRESemme after 3 hours; it's a plus for me as I don't really use much perfume and I like when my hair gives out a nice scent, maybe someone that like to wear a lot of perfume would prefer TRESemme as you can't smell it at all.

So whilst drying TRESemme was a nightmare to work for me, post drying softness is better with TRESemme but Vo5 nice smell stuck to my hair a lot longer.

I think I will stick to Vo5...

Lil

No comments:

Post a Comment