Monday, April 25, 2011

A little break


(if you follow me on Twitter you can skip this post as you have probably already read about it)

As you may(or may not?!) be aware, 9 years ago I had the nasty misfortune of having to deal with melanoma, the deadliest of skin cancers and cancers in general.
Every 6 months for the first 3 years and then once a year, I've been undergoing a long series of checks to make sure the little basterd isn't back or that he hasn't invited any of his friends around for a bit of a party.
Which is why I will be gone, therefore not posting, for about a couple of weeks. I'm going home and won't be able to post. (once I get back I'm pretty sure a visit to the in-law's will be in order....)
I'm not sure yet if I will be able to use (cheap) Internet on my Italian SIM, but if I do you may find me twit pic'ing(I don't think that's an actual word) and Tweeting about yummy food and a ton of gorgeous window shopping.
I have to say I am VERY nervous and slightly worried. I know I do everything possible to look after myself and stay healthy but once the big C has touched you, you leave forever with the "doubt".
Excuse me while I go pooh my pants a little.....

Lil

PS: just in case you don't follow me on Twitter and have managed to miss the big T cushion on the side bar, my name is @lil_fairy_doll

1 comment: