Tuesday, April 17, 2012

TRESemme split remedy leave-in treatment

Whenever anyone asks me what's the part of my body I prefer or would never change, I will ALWAYS say my hair.
I have now had very long hair since I was 18 and I it's safe to say it's probably my Linus' blanket.
I have to admit though that, as much as I look after it with care and products, though I am not as good when it comes to trimming.
Especially the last 4 years I have trimmed the ends probably every nine or ten months, and when that happened I have found myself literally shedding a few tears when I saw the scissors chopping away and hair fall to the ground.
Inevitably this lead to the appearance of horrible split ends, though thankfully not looking too bad as my hair it's very hydrated and healthy.
So when I decided to try something for it I turned to TRESemme and their new line of split remedy products.
I didn't go for the shampoo or conditioner as I didn't wanna change mine and these didn't have very good reviews, plus I suspected they would be incredibly heavy on my hair. I also didn't go for the masque because I have a pet hate of products that you have to wash off.
So I went for the leave-in treatment and I'm very glad I did.

The brand claims: Protect your hair from the damaging effects of styling including breakage, frizz and dryness with this lightweight leave-in formula. It works to restore moisturisation and softness to repair up to 80% of split ends, leaving your hair visibly smoother and shiny looking.
How to Use: start with TRESemmé Split Mend Shampoo and Split Mend Conditioner.Dispense 2-3 pumps of treatment into hands. Distribute through towel dried or damp hair, concentrating on the ends. Do not rinse.You can also apply a small amount on the ends of dry hair for added smoothing and conditioning throughout the day.

My verdict:. I use it 2 or 3 times a week on dry or wet hair, I only apply 1 pump on my ends as I feel it would weight down my hair if I did on the whole length. It pretty much fixed a good 80% of split ends and although if you look closely you can see where it has split, the tips do look sealed. With this leave-in treatment I have been able to reclaim my natural big waves as hair dries a lot smoother and I now only straighten it for special occasions. The gorgeous TRESemme trade mark fragrance is a lovely added bonus. I have also noticed a major improvement in breakage.
I would most definitely recommend it to whoever is looking for a split ends remedy.

Let me know if you too have tried it or plan to

Lil

2 comments:

  1. This sounds gorgeous, your hair is bloomin' lovely so it must work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I treid a lot, the most effective ones are natural based mixture.
    catalase

    ReplyDelete