Thursday, June 13, 2013

A couple of nail art beauties

Holy shamoly she is back!!!

If you know the reasons why I have gone awol from my blog, I apologise, if you don't, you really don't want/need to.
But I AM trying to bring things back to normal.

Anyway!
In the last few weeks I have reproduced(amongst others) a couple of nail creations which I am rather proud of considering my eye sight. Incidentally they have also been rather popular amongst shops assistants of every field as well.

For the first of the 2 I am showing today I used the following:

L-R: Barry M "Mint Green", KIKO #330, Colour Club "French Tip" and KIKO #385

And here are a couple of photos of the end result:

nail art easy flower flowers rose roses Barry M "Mint Green", KIKO #330, Colour Club "French Tip" and KIKO #385
I waited for the background colours to dry completely before moving on to the next step. I applied small blobs of white polish, then waited a few seconds for it to go a little tacky:  it's a lot easier to "draw" if it isn't completely wet, otherwise colours will just mix into one. I dipped the tip of a tooth pick in the blue and drew a spiral inside the white blobs. Then proceeded to draw details with another tooth pick, dipping it in the white, or blue, or both, according to the type of detail I wanted to achieve. Once satisfied I painted little leaves with China Glaze "flyin' high" and finished of with 17 Cosmetics double shine top coat.
It took me a hell of a long time to get those tiny details and it resulted in very sore eyes, but boy was I satisfied! I kept this design on for a good 2 weeks, I liked it THAT much!
It also got me a few "your nails are gorgeous"'s at the Irish Beauty Bloggers event a couple of weeks ago, which threw me a little because I wasn't expecting it from "in the know" people.

Next up id my current manicure.
The last 10 days Ireland has been swamped by surprising summer weather and temperatures, everyone was out and about in their best colourful, skimpy numbers and the general vibe about the country is what brought me inspiration for this design.
Here is what I used:

Inglot #869, KIKO 358, Inglot #722 and Essence special effect topper
L-R: Inglot #869, KIKO 358, Inglot #722 and Essence special effect topper

This is the explosion of colour I mastered up: 
gradient ombre summery nails Inglot #869, KIKO 358, Inglot #722 and Essence special effect toppergradient ombre summery nails Inglot #869, KIKO 358, Inglot #722 and Essence special effect topper


First I applied 2 coats of the yellow and let it completely dry. Secondly I grabbed a cosmetics sponge and painted 3 parallel stripes with the colours, making sure they slightly overlapped one another and then rolled the sponge over the nail. I repeated this 2 or 3 times as I wanted a really opaque result. I also applied the Essence gorgeous top coat on the thumb and ring finger. The whole design topped with the double shine 17 Cosmetics top coat as a shiny top coat brings gradient designs together better than leaving it bare.

I am rather proud of these designs and I wonder what others think of them. How about you let me know in a comment? That would be much appreciated.
Thank you,

Lil 

No comments:

Post a Comment